The Fifth International Conference on Learning and Teaching in Computing and Engineering (LaTiCE 2017) aims to create a platform towards sharing rigorous research and current practices being conducted in computing and engineering education. The previous four LaTiCE conferences have been successfully held in Macau (2013), Malaysia (2014), Taiwan (2015), and Mumbai (2016). The fifth LaTiCE conference will be held at the University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, from April 20th to 23rd, 2017.
LaTiCE 2017 is jointly organized by the Faculty of Education, University of Hong Kong, the Uppsala Computing Education Research Group (UpCERG), Uppsala University, Sweden, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia, and RMIT University, Australia.
The conference is a gathering for presentations of research papers, practice sharing papers, work-in- process papers, and display of posters and demos.back to top
Main Conference Theme: Student Engagement
- At university (flipped classrooms, problem-based learning, laboratories, etc)
- At school (in both computing and engineering)
- In preparation for work -- work integrated learning, internships etc
Conference sub-themes in more detail
- Computing and engineering education research, theories, and methodologies
- Teaching innovations, best practices, experience sharing in computing and engineering education
- Course design, proficiency assessment, evaluation, and accreditation
- Educational technology, software, and tools
- Collaborative learning in computing and engineering teams and project skills
- Cross-cultural and cross-disciplinary aspects of computing and engineering education